John Shand (1805 – 1874) Died of old age Place of Death: Christchurch
* First owner of the land where the Shands Emporium sits on Hereford Street.
* Member of the Canterbury Provincial Council.
* Member of the A & P Association
* Member of the Avon Road Board.
* Member of the Riccarton Road Board
Buried at the St Peter’s Anglican Cemetery, Church Corner, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch.
The story of John Stand: http://www.peelingbackhistory.co.nz/john-shand-1805-1874/
Photo taken by Annette Bulovic