Katherine Wilson Lovell-Smith (1848 – 1934) Died of old age Place of Death: Christchurch
* Formerly known as Kate Sheppard – Famous Suffrage Campaigner.
* 1885 – Founder of New Zealand Women’s Christian Temperance Union.
* 1887 – Appointed National Superintendent.
* 1893 – Won New Zealand women the right to vote.
* 1895 – Editor of New Zealand’s first newspaper, written and owned by women, the ‘White Ribbon’.
* 1896 – Established the National Council of Women.
* Member of the Atalantic Women’s Cycling Club.
Kate is buried at Addington Cemetery, Christchurch.
Photo taken by Annette Bulovic